Location: Pilbara WA Iron ore mine site.
MNJ group recently completed an upgrade to the existing 220kv switch yard at Rio Tintos Yandicoogina mine site.
Site works involved were:
- Security fencing upgrade to new switchyard and new vehicle gates
- Form and pour footings for new post insulator steel work
- Installation of all post insulator steelwork,
- Delicate hand excavation around existing live cables and conduits
- Installation of new conduits
- Form work for transformer bund floor and walls
- Welding of reo to transformer bund walls and floor
- Earthing for new earth grid and earthing to structures
- Installation of building structural steel and the delicate job of skating the new building into position
- Core drilling chemset studs for the building structural steel.
- Our team was also involved in the ring feeder works which required the laying of 2400lm of new conduit and the pulling of all hv and lv cables.